Friday Favs ~ Slim Gym Edition

Friday, April 28, 2017


Is anyone else loosely sticking to that gym resolution you made back in January? I feel like I've been eating rabbit food and sweating my sweet cheeks off for 4 months with absolutely NO weight loss! *insert salty tears here*

Regardless, I have still found that staring at fit bitches on Instagram gives me enough doubt about my physical appearance to drag myself to the gym as often as I can. I joined Gold's Gym this year as a new incentive to actually keep going. It is located directly across from my work so I have no excuse to skip the hour or so of crying cardio that I promised myself that I would commit to. Although the number on the scale hasn't moved much (no literally, its +/- 4lbs on a good day) I do feel like my clothes are fitting better and my double chin doesn't jiggle as much when I laugh at my own jokes. 

As I am going on month five of a workout routine, I feel like I am starting to get a little bored with the dungeon of doom that I love/hate so much so I always like to treat myself to small goodies to keep me motivated. I've had multiple trainers (aka instafamous accounts) tell me not to treat myself with food because I'm not a dog, so I just buy workout gear instead! 

1.  SPORTY + SPICE: As if the world wasn't cruel enough to me, I was never blessed in the chesticle department. The more fat I lose the smaller my chest gets but small boobs equals cute sports bras, so I won't complain too much! These sports bras at Victoria's Secret are on sale 2 for $25 and come in so many cute colors. I don't need a ton of support but I swear these are the best sports bras out there! 

2. THE D.L. ON THE D.O.: Let's get personal here for a second. I have friends that are magnificent unicorns that literally glisten glitter in the gym. I, unfortunately, am not one of those unicorns. I like to think of myself as a walrus that just stores blubber and is literally always dripping wet. I sweat like a man. It is gross and probably the main reason I've never picked up any eye candy at the gym so I've got to have good deodorant. I always have this thrown in my gym bag for a quick refresher since I hit the gym after work. It goes on dry and doesn't leave residue but lets me workout knowing when I raise my arms people won't pass out. I love it, try it, I swear by it!

3. PLAYING FOOTSIES: So I'm not a runner and I've never been really committed to any cardio equipment so I've never paid much mind to shoes until I saw my homegirl Brooke wearing these Adidas NMD R1 sneakers. I waited patiently for a release date and snagged these all white ones and I am obsessed. I run like a bull in a china shop, but with these shoes they allow my feet to move naturally and I don't feel so clunky on the treadmill. I highly recommend these for anyone that does anything active. And I got them for under $150!

4. SWEAT SHOP: So once again I'm going to point you in the direction of Victoria's Secret's workout line. Just because you are sweating like a pig trying to get fit for summer doesn't mean you can't be stylish while doing it! These cute little tanks are $25 and come in a ton of colors. The sassy mesh front shows off your cute new sports bra I told ya to get!

5. What a Bag: *insert bragging rights here* So this is one of my creations listed in my Etsy shop and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. I won't write too much about it because I only like to brag about myself face to face. It's the perfect size for the gym or even a carry on (I took it to Miami on the plane) and its got an adjustable shoulder strap for easy carry. You'd be the coolest kid in town if you went and bought it and I'd also do a little happy dance. I've linked it below!

6. Fit Bitch: Alright so like I've said I get a little bored with the normal cardio routine and not being a trainer myself I rely on Instagram and my fit friends to help me out. I stumbled upon Jamie Eason's 12 week program two years ago and I still use it now! I'm not super dedicated to just her program but it is amazing if you are looking to really kill it in the gym but don't know where to start! I use the website but I just downloaded the BodyBuilding app from the Apple Store and it's legit. It tells you what exercises to do and when to stop and how long to rest. It's literally a personal trainer in your pocket! I've linked her program below so check it out!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great to see these awesome gym things. Want to have a good gym bag for my gym training. Have found out a store that is giving Carbon 38 workout clothes on best discount price. So planning to buy them from there itself.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images