47 Thoughts I Have on Ladies Night

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

If you are anything like me, you are blessed to have a group of crazy wild friends that are you are always able to talk in to going out. Now, as I’ve made this transition into semi-adulthood one of the hardest parts has been the fact that my adult friends have adult jobs that require them to be completely functional by 7AM on any given weekday. I, however, get to sit at my computer in my underwear creating graphics and shirts while nursing a pot of coffee and don’t usually have to have any human contact, so the idea of weekday drinking is still a lingering thought in my mind from time to time. 

I’ve noticed that at the wise old age of twenty-three that we are caught in a revolving door of not so young and dumb, but also not as old as dirt yet so it can be a difficult thing to find the happy medium of living it up but remembering we have morals and future employers see our social media pages. I find myself feeling like the old lady at the bar when I’m yawning at 11pm but then I see my exes mom doing the wobble out on the dance floor while double fisting two Vegas Bombs and realize that if she’s still got it so do I. 

After a crappy three days last week I decided to talk my bitchachos into a few quarter drinks at a local country bar to celebrate our hump day. For some unknown reason to me, I managed to talk two of my girls into just going for drink specials-because who stays after specials anyways? I decided to document the thought process that goes through my head almost every single night we agree to stay FOR JUST THE DRINK SPECIALS. 
**Spoiler Alert- We never stay for just the drink specials….

1. I know it’s Wednesday but I feel like having just a few drinks tonight.
2. OMG, then I have to get ready though.
3. But drinks are only 25 cents…
4. Fine, OKAY. I’ll go. But I’m not doing my hair or makeup. Top Bun?
5. I’m definitely not looking cute either.
6. Well, maybe I will brush my hair.
7. Braids are cute and casual, right?
8. This outfit makes me look like a hobo. 
9. A cute tank and cut offs never hurt nobody.

10. Why do I have so many clothes?
11. I have so many clothes but nothing for casual girls night.
12. Shoes are always the hardest part. Sandals? Wedges? Ohhhh, I’ll wear boots. It’s a western bar so like, boots are cute but comfy.
13. Pretty sure mom won’t notice if I steal her boots. Her boots are so much cuter than my boots. (Yes I moved back in with my mother post-grad…I’ll rant about this in a different blog post)
14. Omg, this tank totally goes with these boots.
15. Okay, we are only going to stay till specials are over.
16. Wait, there is no cover for Girls Night? Score.
17. No no, first round is on me ladies! How much? $1? Pfft, I got this.
18. This vodka taste like straight water…
19. Should we sit? Yes let’s sit.
20. We look sooooo old right now.
21. How old is that chick? 12? Where am I?
22. Okay for real, who’s idea was this, because this is pretty lame.
23. Did we really act like that 6 years ago?
24. Are those supposed to be shorts? 
25. How many of these vodka drinks have I had? I think I’m on #5. 
26. It’s only 10pm!? Why am I yawning? I’m so lame.
27. Let’s dance!!!



28. Bad Idea. Sweating my makeup off. Is this supposed to be a leg workout? 
29. Never again. 
30. Ohhh! Time for the booty shaking contest….classy.
31. Is this for real? I would NEVER.
32. Oh, she’s gunna win it. Just look at that confidence.
33. How. Does. She. Do. That.
34. I didn’t know your body parts could move that way?
35. You go girl, you deserve that $200!
36. OMG, how is it already 1AM? 
37. I can’t feel my teeth?
38. Hey remember that time we were supposed to leave after drink specials ended 3 hours ago??
39. Good thing we didn’t take any shots….
40. Who just bought jaeger bombs?
41. WOOOO jaeger bombs!!!!
42. I love my friends. We are having so much f-Where is Karlee?!
43. Is it time for taquitos?
44. Okay okaaaay we are leaving, for real this time.
45. One more round.
46. One more duckface selfie.
47. Why didn't I get two taquitos?? 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images